Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports in berlin Public Schools – What is it for? How does it Work?
What is Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)?
PBIS is an implementation framework for maximizing the selection and use of evidence-based prevention and interventions practices along a multi-tiered continuum that supports the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral supports of all students
- The interplay of 4 implementation elements is considered in all decisions
- Data – What information is needed to improve decision making
- Outcomes – What students need to do for academic and behavior success
- Practices – What students experience to support the learning and improvement of their academic and behavior success, e.g., teaching, prompting, and recognizing expected social behaviors
- Systems – What do educators experience to support their use of evidence-based academic and behavior practices, e.g., school leadership teams, data0based decision making, continuous professional development and coaching